College Counseling Tutorial
Choosing a Major
When deciding the college a student wants to attend, a big factor is what majors they offer. When looking a long list of offered major, students can feel overwhelmed and think that they have to choose a major when they start college.
1. Identify with what you want to study.
– In middle and high school, did you enjoy science classes or history classes?
2. Understand that any major you choose is because you want to study it.
– Don’t let peer pressure or family pressure choose your major for you. You’re the one studying and taking classes for that major.
3. Don’t be discouraged if the job outcome for your major isn’t as profitable as you expected it to be.
4. At the end of the day, enjoy what you’re studying and make the decision on your happiness.
About The Author
|Critical Reading And Research Expert|
|I am currently a college student. Double majoring in History and French. I can help students with test prep (ACT or SAT). I have been a math tutor in the past for college students. As a history major, I can help with critical reading skills and research skills. As a French major, I can help with gra...|