Career Counseling Tutorial
Five Ways to Improve Your Executive Functioning
Executive functions are measurable traits such as being organized, being on time, multi-tasking, planning, emotional self-control, memory, focus and so on. Strategies and skills that enhance executive functioning are easily learned. We can develop them over time into strong and valuable competencies. They help with school, jobs, career advancement and in all relationships.
Are you the type of person that can lose track of how much time has gone by when you are surfing the net, or playing a video game? Do you under-estimate how much time it will take to complete an assignment? If so, what are some strategies to improve your executive functioning around time management?
Strategies to improve time management include
1) delayed gratification – work first then relax then do something fun
2) accountability – share your school work calendar with your study buddy
3) break it down – set alarms for each day of the week every Sunday
4) place matters – set up your study station with a desk, chair and lamp
5) positive self-talk – don’t call yourself bad names. Be firm and kind to you.
Learning these skills now will help you achieve beyond your widest expectations. And remember to ‘pay it forward’… Share your story with other students, family, friends and co-workers.
About The Author
|From Middle School To Medicine|
|Zoology, Microbiology, MCAT, Anatomy, MCAT Critical Analysis and Reasoning Skills, Organic Chemistry, Study Skills And Organization, Organization, Genetics, Virology, Pathophysiology, Physiology, Pharmacology, Emergency Medicine, Medical Ethics, Medical Terminology, Medicine, African-American Histor...|