• Monitor up to 30 students of diverse cultural backgrounds for up to 6 periods per day.
• Support additional staff in the classroom and other activities.
• Follow lesson plan accordingly; use common core curriculum when there is no lesson plan.
• Teach all subjects for PreK-12th grade.
• Fulfill short-term and long-term substitute assignments.
• Prepare students for Partnership for Assessment of Readiness for College and Careers (PARCC) Assessment.
• Proctor examinations and other assessments as needed.
• Incorporate technology into student learning for various academic disciplines.
• Implemented strategies and resolved complex issues for all parties involved.
• Monitored and communicated student experiences to build positive relationships with families.
• Facilitated parent-teacher conferences to provide status updates on academic achievement and student behavior.
• Maintained rapport with diverse populations and fostered an inclusive environment.
• Orchestrated one of the school’s largest annual community events, attended by over 50 families.
• Used social media and networking to develop constructive and cooperative relationships with professionals from various industries to participate in Career Day.
• Engaged students’ imagination using the writing process on a personal level.
• Provided cohesive classroom instruction in reading, social studies, science, art, literature, and math.
• Used Dynamic Indicators of Basic Early Literacy Skills (DIBELS) to assess students' foundational reading skills.
• Taught Amplify’s literacy intervention program BURST.
• Taught the Common Core State Standards for reading using Fundations.
• Helped students reach end-of-the-year literacy goals.
• Participated in the application of day-to-day lesson plans by executing assignments that fortify absorption of knowledge.
• Supported the lead teacher in systematic observation of students, control small group activity, perform kindergarten assessments as necessary.
• Maintained classroom student records.
• Assisted students who need additional academic support.
• Suggested learning strategies to support acquisition of information.
• Reinforced classroom rules as necessary to encourage appropriate behavior.
• Introduced vocabulary words and multiple definitions during daily instruction.
• Used learning programs such as First in Math, ABCmouse, Starfall, myON,and i-Ready to aid student learning.
• Participated in school activities that benefit students and staff.
Subjects of Expertise
SAT Reading, ACT Reading, ACT English, GRE Verbal, Reading, Grammar, Vocabulary
|Last Login||May 13th 2017|
|Registered Since||May 13th 2017|