I am mom of three that has enjoyed 4+ years homeschooling my children. I have created and customized curriculums for my son. In addition I have dedicated time teaching Public Speaking and Debate. I have a professional background in Training and Development. I am also a college student, pursuing my Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources Management. I tremendously enjoy working with students to achieve their learning goals. It is important to me to work to find what study techniques and learning styles work best for the students I am working with.
Also as a mom of toddlers I take great pride in making the learning environment fun.
As your tutor you can expect the following:
– Research or recommend textbooks, software, equipment, or other learning materials to complement tutoring.
– Review class material with students by discussing text, working solutions to problems, or reviewing worksheets or other assignments.
– Provide feedback to students using positive reinforcement techniques to encourage, motivate, or build confidence in students.
– Prepare lesson plans or learning modules for tutoring sessions according to students' needs and goals.
– Maintain records of students' assessment results, progress, feedback, or school performance, ensuring confidentiality of all records.
– Develop teaching or training materials, such as handouts, study materials, or quizzes.
– Communicate students' progress to students, parents or teachers in written progress reports, in person, by phone, or by email.
– Assess students' progress throughout tutoring sessions.
– Teach students study skills, note-taking skills, and test-taking strategies.
– Provide private instruction to individual or small groups of students to improve academic performance, improve occupational skills, or prepare for academic or occupational tests.
I am available seven days a week for tutoring sessions, preferably through video chat.
Subjects of Expertise
Pre-Algebra, Algebra 1, Algebra 2, Geometry, Biology, Chemistry, Physical Science, Writing, Reading, Grammar, Vocabulary, U.S. History, World History
|Last Login||Aug 20th 2017|
|Registered Since||Aug 20th 2017|